While tickets to this special event with David Sedaris at Nichols Concert Hall sold out pretty much instantly, we still have ONE LAST PAIR that will be awarded to the lucky winner of our pre-Indie Bookstore Day "Show the Love" Sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary to win, but to enter you must:
- Be a Bookends & Beginnings store member or immediate relative of a store member. If you received this newsletter in your email, you're a member. If you're not already a member, it's easy and free to sign up in the store, and it gets you $5 off your purchases here for every $100 you spend.
- Write a short (less than 250 words) poem, love note, or micro-story about why you like having an indie bookstore in your community, or us specifically, or tell us about an experience you had in the store or a book you bought here that matters to you.
- Your entry must be written down on paper! You can either type it somewhere else and print it out and bring it in, or come write it here on the very cool 1950s Remington Quiet Riter typewriter that has just come to live at Bookends & Beginnings. (If you or your kids have never typed on a typewriter, you should definitely give it a try!) We are not accepting any electronic or hand-written submissions. You must physically visit the store to enter the contest.
- You must consent to let us publish your entry on or around Independent Bookstore Day, whose purpose is to celebrate and raise consciousness about the value of independent bookselling. Your name does not have to be used if you prefer to remain anonymous.
- To enter, you must be 18 years or older.
Entries will be accepted at the store from Monday April 3rd through Wednesday April 18th. The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all contestants on Thursday April 19th. Three runners-up will also be selected to receive a $25 gift certificate to Bookends & Beginnings.
A reminder, if you are attending the David Sedaris event: it's at Nichols Concert Hall, 1490 Chicago Avenue, Evanston, on Monday April 23, with a start time of 7:30 pm. All David's books will be available for purchase and signing at the event. See you there!