The Diva Says Cheesecake!: A Delicious Culinary Cozy Mystery with Recipes (A Domestic Diva Mystery #15) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the A Domestic Diva Mystery series.
- #1: The Diva Runs Out of Thyme (A Domestic Diva Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: The Diva Takes the Cake (A Domestic Diva Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: The Diva Haunts the House (A Domestic Diva Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Diva Wraps It Up (A Domestic Diva Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: The Diva Steals a Chocolate Kiss (A Domestic Diva Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: The Diva Serves High Tea (A Domestic Diva Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: The Diva Cooks Up a Storm (A Domestic Diva Mystery #11) (Paperback): $15.95
- #12: The Diva Sweetens the Pie (A Domestic Diva Mystery #12) (Paperback): $15.95
- #13: The Diva Spices It Up (A Domestic Diva Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #14: The Diva Serves Forbidden Fruit (A Domestic Diva Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $26.00
“Reminiscent of Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen cozies, which also include baking and a group of close friends working together to solve crimes.” – Booklist
A delightful new story from a New York Times bestselling author perfect for fans of Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen Mystery series! In this page-turning new book, entertaining guru Sophie Winston is faced with a midsummer nightmare when a celebration in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, is the appetizer for murder…
Old Town’s midsummer festivities are getting a tasty addition this year. To coincide with a public performance of Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Bobbie Sue Bodoin, the Queen of Cheesecake, has hired Sophie to organize a dinner with a dessert buffet on the waterfront. Bobbie Sue’s homegrown company is thriving, and since her baking dish overfloweth, she wants to reward her employees.
Bobbie Sue has only one menu demand: no cheesecake! But her specialty isn’t the only thing missing from the evening—Tate, Bobbie Sue’s husband, is too, much to her annoyance. Next morning, however, Tate’s dead body is discovered. Bobbie Sue insists she didn’t kick her spouse to the curb, and begs for Sophie’s help finding the real killer. Digging in, Sophie discovers an assortment of Old Town locals who all had reason to want a piece of Tate. Can she gather together the crumbs the killer left behind in time to prevent a second helping of murder?
Includes delectable recipes and fabulous DIY decorating tips!
About the Author
Krista Davis is the New York Times bestselling and four-time Agatha Award-nominated author of the Domestic Diva Mysteries, the Pen & Ink Mysteries, and the Paws & Claws Mysteries. She lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia with two cats and a brood of dogs. Her friends and family complain about being guinea pigs for her recipes, but she notices they keep coming back for more. Please visit her at KristaDavis.com.
Praise for The Diva Says Cheesecake!
“In midsummer, event planner and advice columnist Sophie Winston has several big events planned…Fans should concentrate on the recipes and the familiarity of Sophie’s circle of friends.”
“Another day, another party, another murder for Alexandria, Virginia, advice columnist/event planner Sophie Winston…Eleven appended recipes are the highlight.”
“The nicely delineated setting and sympathetic characters are reminiscent of Joanne Fluke’s Hannah Swensen cozies, which also include baking and a group of close friends working together to solve crimes.”
Praise for Krista Davis' Previous Mysteries
"Loaded with atmosphere and charm."
"Reader alert: Tasty descriptions may spark intense cupcake cravings."
—The Washington Post
"Touches all the bases of the cozy mystery—including a bit of romance—and does so with style."
"This satisfying entry in the series will appeal to readers who enjoy cozies with a cooking frame, like Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Schulz mysteries."
"A beautifully written, cleverly crafted mystery sure to please pet-lovers and fair-play mystery fans, alike."
—Smitten by Books
"Raucous humor, affectionate characters, and delectable recipes highlight this unpredictable mystery that entertains during any season."
—Kings River Life Magazine