WE HAVE MOVED and are no longer in our alley location. You can now find us at:
1620 Orrington Ave
Evanston, IL 60201
A Companion to Stuart Britain (Blackwell Companions to British History #24) (Paperback)
Email or call for information
Other Books in Series
This is book number 24 in the Blackwell Companions to British History series.
Covering the period from the accession of James I to the death of Queen Anne, this companion provides a magisterial overview of the 'long' seventeenth century in British history.
- Comprises original contributions by leading scholars of the period
- Gives a magisterial overview of the 'long' seventeenth century
- Provides a critical reference to historical debates about Stuart Britain
- Offers new insights into the major political, religious and economic changes that occurred during this period
- Includes bibliographical guidance for students and scholars
About the Author
Barry Coward is Reader in History at Birkbeck College, London. His previous publications include The Stanleys, Lords Stanley and Earls of Derby: The Origins, Wealth and Power of a Landowning Family, 1385-1672 (1983), Oliver Cromwell (1991), The Stuart Age: England 1603-1714 (second edition, 1994) and, with Christopher Durston, The English Revolution: A Sourcebook (1997). He is the President of the Cromwell Association.