Cryptic Crossword Puzzles for Dummies (Paperback)
This book cannot be returned.
Cryptic Crossword Puzzles For Dummies (9780730384755) was previously published as Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies (9781118305218). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
Put your cryptic-cracking skills to use
With over 50 puzzles and 1,750 clues for you to conquer, Cryptic Crossword Puzzles for Dummies is filled with cryptics that range from (relatively) simple to expert-level, along with brief explanations of the most common types of clues and helpful hints on how to solve them. Used on its own or as a companion to Solving Cryptic Crosswords for Dummies, this book will keep your brain busy for hours
- Apply the basics: use fundamental rules to solve puzzles
- Build your solving skills: practise consistently on various grid types
- Tackle pesky anagrams: decode anagram clues aplenty
- Use sums to find the answer: add and subtract letters to get the correct word
- Detect double definitions: answer hints with more than one meaning
- Explore hidden messages: become a master at uncovering unseen solutions
About the Author
Denise Sutherland is a syndicated puzzle author. Her crosswords, word searches and other puzzles appear in a range of publications around the world, and she has written many puzzle books, including Solving Cryptic Crosswords For Dummies and Word Searches For Dummies.